The Schochet Companies Are Hiring.
Symphony Plaza is now accepting resumes for a Maintenance Technician. Symphony Plaza is a 400 unit elderly apartment community located in downtown Boston, MA. The maintenance technician must have electrical/plumbing/ HVAC/appliance repair skills. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Completion of all types of work orders from residents.
- Completion of all resident apartment turn over tasks.
- Must be able available to complete “On-call” duties.
- Must be able to complete snow removal as needed.
- Some administrative duties may be included such as opening, tracking and closing work orders.
- Depending upon the size of the property a Maintenance Technician may be asked to coordination and/or track the work of subcontractors.
- Conducting property inspections and/or participating on an inspection team.
- Attending monthly safety meetings.
- Complete preventative maintenance activities.
- On-going inspection of tools and equipment for safety.
- Remaining current on all property and apartment shut-offs and sewer clean-outs.
- Full knowledge of property’s emergency procedures.
- Maintain all records required by company policies and procedures, OSHA and EPA.
- Perform all required duties in a professional and confidential manner.
Maintenance technician positions require that an individual be able to lift moderate weights of between 30-60 lbs. on a regular basis and the ability to stand and/or walk all day. In addition, occasional heavy lifting may be required. Duties of this position may require strength and endurance in performing heavy manual labor. Alternating on-call shifts required. Must live within 30mins of Boston for on-call. Valid driver’s license and own transportation required.
Previous maintenance experience required, team player and strong customer service skills. Competitive Salary and Excellent Benefits! Interested candidates please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 617-830-0373. Pre-employment background and drug test will be required. EOE
For more information on this position please contact Robin @ 617-398-5144.