The Schochet Companies are Hiring!
Capitol Towers in Hartford, CT is now accepting resumes for an experienced Maintenance Technician. Capitol Towers is a 144 unit elderly apartment community. The Maintenance Technician must have prior experience with plumbing, electrical, HVAC, appliance repair and unit turnover procedures.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Completion of all types of work orders from residents.
• Completion of all resident apartment turn over tasks.
• Must be able available to complete “On-call” duties.
• Must be able to complete snow removal as needed.
• Depending upon the size of the property a Maintenance Technician may be asked to coordination and/or track the work of subcontractors.
• Conducting property inspections and/or participating on an inspection team.
• Attending monthly safety meetings.
• Complete preventative maintenance activities.
• On-going inspection of tools and equipment for safety.
• Remaining current on all property and apartment shut-offs and sewer clean-outs.
• Full knowledge of property’s emergency procedures.
• Maintain all records required by company policies and procedures, OSHA and EPA.
• Perform all required duties in a professional and confidential manner.
Maintenance technician positions require that an individual be able to lift moderate weights of between 30-60 lbs. on a regular basis and the ability to stand and/or walk all day. In addition, occasional heavy lifting may be required. Duties of this position may require strength and endurance in performing heavy manual labor. Alternating on-call shifts required. Previous maintenance experience required, able to work independently and strong customer service skills.
Must live within 30mins of Hartford and have a valid driver’s license and own transportation for on-call.
Interested candidates please apply here www.schochet.comhttps://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=8252&clientkey=D56D433D01899A1F422A3794C2BDB367
or fax 617-830-0373. Pre-employment background and drug test will be required. EOE
For more information on this position please contact Robin @ 617-398-5144.
We are an expanding property management company that offers excellent career advancement and an exciting chance to be part of a diverse team!