This position is for a full-time Maintenance Technician II at Kukui Gardens, a 384-unit affordable family housing community in Honolulu, HI. Qualified candidates must have 1+ year of related single-family home maintenance experience, knowledge and skills in plumbing, electrical and general maintenance. Must have a DL, clean DMV record and reliable transportation. Must be willing to work at other properties if needed. Must have basic computer knowledge.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multifamily communities, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition MAINT02296 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Performs wide variety of maintenance duties related to the company’s properties. Assists and works under the direct supervision of the Resident Manager or Maintenance Supervisor performing necessary repairs and preventive maintenance on rental units, maintaining an adequate supply of rental units ready for occupancy and sales presentations. This position is expected to be able to repair and maintain most items on a property without assistance from outside vendors. May assist as required and assigned in painting of interior units, office, laundry rooms, common areas and occupied units. Provides support to Maintenance Supervisor and may be required to handle on-call duty as necessary. Has ongoing contact with on-site management and office personnel, other maintenance technicians and residents of the property. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
- Replaces locks and keys, re-key if necessary; checks weather stripping, replacing/repairing if necessary; ensures key policy is being adhered to; ensures security and functioning of doors and windows by testing and repairing as needed.
- Checks condition of/clean carpet, floor tile, repair and/or replace any necessary.
- Checks walls and patches; performs all repairs related to interior walls and doors (i.e., patch sheet rock, tape and float, shoot acoustics, apply texture, sand re-varnish doors).
- Checks electrical fixtures, replaces bad lights, plugs, switches, etc.
- Checks plumbing, hot water heater, drain lines, supply lines, faucets, commode, tub, shower; repairs when necessary.
- Tests smoke alarms and replaces if defective.
- Checks operation of appliances, reports defective appliances to Resident Manager when unable to repair.
- Changes A/C filter, check coils, cleans when necessary.
- Checks condition of wallpaper and repairs, and/or replaces when necessary.
- Caulks counter tops, sinks, bathtubs, etc. as needed.
- Maintains written status board and uses make ready check list.
- Performs written resident work orders as assigned by supervisor within 24 hours. Does not complete any work in a resident unit without a work order.
- Performs annual unit inspections.
- Ensures the turnover of units (make-ready) within 5 days.
- Paints and touches up common areas as needed or scheduled by supervisor. Paints all previously painted surfaces in rental unit as scheduled by Resident Manager during make ready procedure, using drop cloths to protect company and personal property.
- Maintains adequate stock of materials, notifying supervisor when to reorder in a timely manner. In absence of a maintenance supervisor, maintains accurate inventory of all tools and parts; ordering parts and supplies as needed.
- May travel to suppliers weekly to pick up parts and supplies as directed, unless an emergency or unusual circumstances require additional trips.
- Maintains tools and equipment in good safe working order.
- Incorporates both safety and customer service in the performance of all job duties.
- Attends mandatory trainings and meetings.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan, including following correct procedures for lifting and moving heavy equipment and materials, and wearing Personal Protective Equipment, as necessary.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including assisting at other properties as requested.
- 2+ Year of Related Apartment Maintenance Experience
- Knowledge and Skills in Plumbing, Electrical, and General Maintenance
- CADL, Clean DMV and Reliable Transportation
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985