Traveling Maintenance Technician - *Affordable housing experience preferred*
*Travel will be reimbursed per mile traveled, as well as, flight accomodations/Meals and hotel reimbursement for overnight travel
*Full time- permanent role
Should be willing to travel to cities throughout:
- New York (Upstate and NYC area)
- New Jersey
- Maryland (Baltimore)
- Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh)
- South Carolina
Your Role Within the Company:
This Traveling Maintenance Technician is responsible for the overall day-to-day facilities operations for various affordable housing communities throughout various cities along the east coast with a main hub location in Buffalo, NY. We are always looking for a team member with a passion for excellence, a “can do” attitude and a dedication to quality. This person is responsible for being hands on, completing the work orders on a timely basis, assisting with unit turn overs, preparing for inspections and other maintenance related activities as assigned. Specifically, the Maintenance Tech. will be responsible for common area and apartment repairs in the scope of plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, and appliances. Further oversight of the building’s curb appeal through building exterior inspections, cleaning and grounds maintenance is required. Additionally, the Lead Maintenance Technician performs all duties in compliance with company policies and procedures, the Equal Employment Opportunity, Fair Housing and Human Rights statutes.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the overall property and customer/resident based community.
- Inspect the building and property on a daily basis and performed routine preventative maintenance and immediately addressing safety issues.
- Responds to emergency maintenance repairs after normal working hours or assigns to another team member.
- Order and maintain inventory of building materials and supplies as required.
- Coordinate efforts between management and contractors and obtain bids for repairs and replacements as per company guidelines.
- Ensures that all company maintenance policies and procedures are implemented at the property.
- Ensures that company standards for the performance of maintenance functions are consistently maintained.
- Remove snow and ice and keep sidewalks clean and safe during inclement weather.
- Keep and maintain accurate records as required by regulation or company operating protocols.
- Responsible for general upkeep of the building which includes, but is not limited to making sure that all common areas are in a clean and orderly state and the landscaping is up kept.
- Involvement with the tenant community and reporting any issues to management in a timely manner.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, appliance and snow removal
- Customer service first attitude
- Must have personal, reliable transportation for on-call emergencies
- Previous apartment experience preferred
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Building maintenance environment, indoor/outdoor, consisting of exposure to moving mechanical parts and seasonal temperature changes ranging from freezing to extreme heat
- May be exposed to high places, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and loud noises
- Vision requirements include both close range and long distance vision
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to climb ladders and crawl into confined spaces
- Must be able to endure walking, squatting, bending, balancing, climbing, kneeling, crawling and prolonged standing
- Must be able to use hands to grip power and hand tools
*Emergency on-call may be required
Benefits and Features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Matching 401(K)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- & More!
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Related Affordable is the division of Related Companies that develops, acquires and preserves affordable housing throughout the nation. Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies, and its broad portfolio of award-winning affordable and mixed-income developments demonstrate the company’s continuing ability to create affordable housing opportunities in a variety of geographically, economically and socially diverse neighborhoods. Related owns and operates a portfolio of more than 60,000 affordable and workforce housing units.