Position is for a full-time Events and Funds Manager to work in the EAH Corporate office located in San Rafael, CA. Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field such as: Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Information Design, Digital Media/Media Arts, Urban Planning, or Nonprofit management. Must have 5+ years’ experience in fundraising and event management, with increasing levels of supervisorial experience. Salary commensurate to experience.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multi-family communities, manages over 10 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition MANAG002630 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Responsible for overall relationship management of EAH Housing constituents, vendors, clients, community partners, membership organizations and donors. This includes the design and implementation of strategies to increase organizational outreach, new business, and fundraising efforts. Functions as the data administrator of EAH Housing’s primary constituent relationship database (Salesforce) and other tracking tools. Responsible for outreach, events, and cultivation strategies to increase organizational impact around visibility, business relationships, and fundraising. Understands and supports the EAH Housing mission and core values. This position is characterized by a high degree of initiative, responsibility, accountability and ability to collaborate with a wide variety of staff, donors, individuals, community based organizations, governmental entities, press, business partners, vendors and elected officials.
Events Management / Community Engagement
- Oversees rollout of four to six (4-6) special events in California and Hawaii per year. This includes new property groundbreakings and grand openings, fundraising galas/luncheons, housing advocacy events, community engagement events, and donor cultivation events.
- Implements all aspects of event planning, including but not limited to budgeting, scheduling, sponsorship solicitation, vendor management, invoices, event logistics, event software, talking points, supervision of volunteers and/or staff, and annual planning.
- Manages and maintains accurate and complete financial records for each event.
- Supports Real Estate Management and Real Estate Development departments with community outreach, constituent efforts, and community engagement strategies.
- Oversees fundraising campaigns including donor stewardship, solicitations, cultivation of prospects, long-term strategic planning, and ongoing relationship management.
- Identifies prospective donors, cultivates existing donors, and secures new, recurring, and increasing donations through direct mail, electronic solicitations, appeals, and events.
- Executes one to two (1-2) fundraising appeals annually.
- Serves as technical lead on maintaining and developing processes within the database. Serves as CRM/database trainer and system administrator.
- Creates and maintains Salesforce user manual detailing rules/procedures for data management, entry, coding, etc.
- Oversees development of user training and support materials.
- Working with Data and Fund Development Associate, oversees data queries/reports for appeals, events, campaigns, mailings, newsletter, emails, and other communications.
- Analyzes constituent giving trends for stewardship purposes, as well as prospect identification.
- Monitors trends in best use of Salesforce features to better accomplish the relationship management, communications, and fundraising goals of EAH Housing.
- Working with Data and Fund Development Associate, oversees reconciliation and closing of monthly development financials with accounting team.
- Provides support to other duties in the Communications Department as needed.
- Attends mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and illness Prevention Plan.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises the Data and Fund Development Associate. May direct the work of consultants, vendors, or part-time project support. Hires, trains, and manages schedules. Provides ongoing performance feedback including coaching, counseling, and disciplining as necessary. Conducts regular meetings for purposes of problem solving, encouraging, and training.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field such as: Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Information Design, Digital Media/Media Arts, Urban Planning, or Nonprofit management. 5+ years’ experience in fundraising and event management, with increasing levels of supervisorial experience
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be fully vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., fully vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985