WinnCompanies is on the hunt for an Occupancy Specialist who loves accuracy and compliance just as much as they love helping others within Affordable Housing! You will not only perform leasing and marketing duties to maintain resident retention, but also execute submission of Housing Assistant Payment (HAP) requests and associated Tenant Rental Assistance Certification System (TRACS) files.
- Perform all aspects of apartment leasing such as assisting with the management of Section 42 wait list, touring with prospective residents, processing applications for compliance with multiple programs, and completing new resident orientation at the time of the move-in
- Maintain occupancy and program compliance by processing annual and interim recertification 50059s and TICs in compliance with WinnCompanies guidelines, local, state, and federal regulations. The Occupancy Specialist position takes the lead role on recertifications.
- Ensure property compliance by maintaining the compliance percentage for Section 42, Low Income Housing Tax Credit, and any other applicable programs
- Manage resident correspondence and recertification notices
- Ensuring the accuracy of HAP requests and TRACS files
- Work with the WinnCompanies compliance department to investigate/resolve TRACS errors
- Prepare the property, resident files, property binders, and office for audits and inspections
- Review monthly and quarterly EIV reports and address discrepancies
- Assist with annual or periodic unit inspections
- Review, prioritize, and distribute resident service requests
- Perform all duties while generating interest and enthusiasm about the property by creating an exceptional customer experience
- High School degree required
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Superb attention to detail
- 3-5 years of similar experience with HUD Project Based Section 8
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience administering Affordable Programs such as Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), Tax Exempt Bond, HOME, HPTF, or other state or local programs that may assist with the layered affordability at this community
- OneSite Property Management software experience
- Certifications in HUD property management such as CPO, COS, NAHP or LIHTC property management such as SHCM, TCS, C3P, HCCP, NAHP.
What We Can Offer You
A job you can brag about: WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized leader in property management and development. Our team members are committed to helping people in the communities we serve.
A job that challenges you: Our team members are responsible for our growth and success, and we challenge them to constantly be their best in our fast-paced workplace.
A job you can learn from: We reward our team’s passion and hard work with consistent learning and development opportunities
A team that cares: We value teamwork, innovation and mutual respect.