Ensures a safe and attractive living environment for residents, exceptional quality and service, sustained resident satisfaction, operational efficiency, and strong financial results. Serves in the capacity of the Property Manager in his/her absence.
- Minimum three years’ experience in property management, leasing, or a related field.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- NCHM COS (Certified Occupancy Specialist) & TCS (Tax Credit Specialist) Certification or equivalent certification from a nationally-recognized compliance training program and experience, or ability and commitment to obtain certifications at the next available course offering.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment demonstrating strong organizational and follow up skills along with an ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact, in English, with a diverse group of associates, residents and external agencies.
- Ability to apply reason, logic, and problem-solving skills to resolve typical operational issues.
- Ability to read, in English, at a level sufficient to understand policies and procedures, safety notices, general business correspondence and/or documentation.
- Strong computer and keyboarding skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to quickly master new applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy. strong customer service orientation to older adults.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a high volume of telephone calls.
- Possess and maintain timely and reliable transportation.