Related Affordable is the division of Related Companies that develops, acquires and preserves affordable housing throughout the nation. Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies, and its broad portfolio of award-winning affordable and mixed-income developments demonstrate the company’s continuing ability to create affordable housing opportunities in a variety of geographically, economically and socially diverse neighborhoods. Related owns and operates a portfolio of more than 60,000 affordable and workforce housing units.
Your role with the company:
Related Management is currently seeking for an experienced Janitor/Porter (Part-time) for our affordable residential community in Walden, NY. The entrance is the first impression all our residents receive when they walk into our building. It will be your duty to make sure Related’s reputation is upheld through an exemplary experience from the time they walk through our front doors. Your customer service is what will help us retain our residents once that first impression is forgotten. The porter is responsible for the general upkeep and grounds keeping of the community. This super-star porter will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the lobby, hallways, elevators, common areas, and restrooms by mopping, sweeping, dusting, vacuuming, garbage removal, and special projects as assigned. About 90% of job will be dedicated to cleaning duties and 10% dedicated to light maintenance.
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years prior experience working as a Janitor, Cleaner, or Porter in a Hotel or apartment building or similar environment that requires good hospitality and customer service skills.
- 1-2 years plus verifiable Janitor, Cleaner, or Porter experience
- Hands on experience with a majority of the above duties
- Must be reliable and have experience working with cleaning chemicals
- Additional Requirements
- Must be a team player and be able to work with little supervision
- Polite with experience working in a customer service environment
- Must have excellent time management skills and work ethic to get daily job tasks done on time each day
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and be on feet for extended periods of time during an 8 hr shift
- Must have Reliable transportation
- Light Maintenance knowledge is a plus
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer