SUMMARY: To be responsible, under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, for the overall management of operations and supervision of maintenance mechanics of the communities assigned. Above all else, the spirit of teamwork and cooperation with other team members will not only improve the job you do, but enhance the entire work experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates according to policy and procedure in rent collection, including review and validation of records and collection activities.
- Process request for rent adjustments in accordance with established procedures, including obtaining verifications, entering information into computer, etc.
- Monitor site budget.
- Complies with internal financial controls and operating polices
- Post charges associated with work order, late charges, etc. by entering them in computer and generating notices for residents.
- Monitor expenses to ensure spending is within guidelines.
- Prepare reports in accordance with established procedures.
- Address resident concerns in a professional manner.
- Send/ Post all notices regarding compliance to rules and regulations when a violation occurs.
- Hire, train, supervise and (sometimes) terminate site staff.
- Track purchases from order through invoice.
- Process invoices for correctness, accuracy, and proper coding.
- Oversees the purchase of office supplies and other administrative supplies for the property.
- Write advertisements if needed; obtain prices and place advertisements (with Chief Operating Officer’s approval) in the appropriate publications for best exposure for the community.
- Complete and submit incident reports for all events that may involve injury or damage.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
General Repair and Maintenance
- Log all resident complaints and dispatch maintenance personnel promptly. Items covered under warranties should be reported to the appropriate maintenance companies and followed up for prompt repairs.
- Conduct property inspections, and grounds in order to assure adherence to established standards.
- Maintain records of the status of assigned units, etc. Assist with security activities by communicating with security personnel regarding specific problems, and participating in “knock and talk”, as needed.
- Be available at all times either personally, or through other site personnel, for emergency calls.
- Maintains building systems by contracting for maintenance services; supervising repairs.
- Secures property by contracting with security patrol service; installing and maintaining security devices; establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures; responding to emergencies.
- Counsel residents who are not complying with terms of the lease, and concerning delinquent payments.
- Refer residents with special problems, such as economic, social, legal, health, etc. to groups or agencies that provide assistance, or to the resident services department, as appropriate.
- Maintain liaison with resident services Manager to assist with resident activities, address specific problems, plan meetings, or support activities as appropriate.
- Resolve conflict and complaints among residents, if possible, in order to avoid grievances.
- Recommend eviction if resident behavior warrants, and prepare related documentation to support recommendation.
- Attracts tenants by advertising vacancies; obtaining referrals from current tenants; explaining advantages of location and services; showing units.
- Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; inspecting vacant units and completing repairs; planning renovations,
- Participate in pre-employment interviews and make hiring recommendations as needed.
- Interpret and apply personnel policies, departmental policies, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Review time and leave reports for assigned staff.
- Train or assist in training other site personnel.
- Prepare and review performance appraisals and discuss with subordinates as appropriate.
- Counsel employees regarding job performance and document in accordance with established procedures.
- Recommend disciplinary action as needed.
- The Property Manager is authorized to delegate authority to key employees. The Property Manager’s responsibility is always primary, even for activities delegated to subordinates.
- Directly supervises 2
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration or social science in an accredited college or university. A combination of education and experience will be considered. Copies of diplomas and or transcript may be required.
- Four years work experience working in an administrative capacity in public housing or property management.
- Skills and written test will be administered.
- Knowledge of Authority policies and procedures, particularly as they pertain to property management.
- Knowledge of Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) rules and regulations that apply to property management.
- Knowledge of laws and standards that apply to property management, such as Fair Housing Laws, Landlord-Tenant Law.
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors, and may involve physical exertion during visits and inspection of units and developments.
- Work may entail travel to meetings, conferences and workshops in other cities.
- The employee is required to work unusual hours.
- Work involves the normal risk and discomforts associated with an office environment and visits to outdoor developments, sites dwellings, or facilities, inspections of structures and confrontations with applicants and residents.
- Knowledge of property management practices of an Authority.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and complete work in a timely manner, maintain standards of conduct, possess cultural awareness and sensitivity, be flexible, be consistent and fair.
- Some knowledge of and skills in counseling and housing management.
- Ability to deal effectively and pleasantly with the public, tenants, other agencies and other employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to procure goods and services in accordance with Authority procedures and in keeping with the assigned Operating Budget for the property.
- Ability to read the internet policies and guidelines in order to make sound decisions.
- Ability to prepare clear concise reports and make appropriate recommendations within scope of responsibility.
- Ability to use basic office equipment such as telephone, fax, copier, and computer.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to generate records, receipts, and reports efficiently using a calculator and the computer system.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, superiors, residents, community service agencies, and the public.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and multiple demands to accomplish tasks in accordance with established requirements.
- Skilled in analyzing situations in order to identify problems and offer possible solutions.
- Skilled in communicating with all types of people in a wide variety of situations.
- Use of personal automobile for local job-relate travel and pick-up.
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License, criminal background, and drug screening check required.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicant will be subject to skills testing in the areas of Business Writing, Logical Reasoning, Office Manager, and Excel.
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
Salary Range: $41,672-$62,508