Explore a career at EAH Housing.
Start or continue a career in real estate development and management with EAH Housing. We are looking for talented and skilled professionals as we expand our property portfolio throughout California and Hawai`i. As a mission-based nonprofit organization and industry leader for more than 50 years, we live up to our values, and work to create opportunities to empower people to live better lives. Join us and make a difference today.
What we offer.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a 5% match. We also offer generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule, and work schedule flexibility.
We believe in work / life balance.
15 days of vacation per year (which increases based on years of service)
10 paid sick days per year
12 paid holidays
Flexible Start Times (REM Onsite Positions)
We take care of our employees.
403b Retirement Plan with 5% company match
Go 365 Wellness Program
Free Employee Medical Insurance
Affordable Dental & Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
EAP – Mental Health, Financial and Legal Services
$1,500 Employee Referral Program
EAH University, an in-house training program
This position is for a full-time Receptionist to work at Rohlff's Manor, a 355 unit, senior affordable housing community in Napa, CA. Qualified Candidates will have skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher. Previous experience in a Property Management setting a plus. Position pays $20.00/hr to $24.00/hr DOE.
Established in 1968, EAH Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages more than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawai’i, and plays a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing advocacy efforts.
EAH Housing puts its core values into action every day as our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87 municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and invest in our employees through extensive training programs. Please visit our www.eahhousing.org to learn more about us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in everything we do.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition RECEP002995 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
The Receptionist provides reception and general office support to all staff members with minimal supervision, and takes initiative in managing the flow of calls and visitors, using sound judgment and tact in all interactions. Responsible for mail distribution as well as additional clerical duties and understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
- Greets and screens telephone and personal callers, referring matters to the appropriate staff member or handling them personally.
- Opens and date stamps incoming mail for all departments daily. Picks-up and delivers mail to post office when necessary and assists with larger mailing projects.
- Routes faxes appropriately.
- Processes invoices (for UPS, Kinko’s, Fed Ex, blueprints, etc) by locating and attaching original receipts before routing.
- Maintains data base interest lists for projects.
- Maintains reception, break room and conference areas in an orderly manner, including recycling. Makes sure meeting rooms are kept clean and prepped for meetings.
- Accepts routine typing assignments and assists in mailings, filing, errands, data entry or other clerical tasks for all departments.
- Must have High school diploma or GED
- Entry-level position. Relevant experience and/or training, preferred.
- Ability to word process at rate greater than 50 wpm preferred.
- Advanced MS Office software skills a plus
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985