This position is for a full-time Receptionist at a 378-unit Family Affordable Housing Community in Richmond, CA. Qualified Candidates will have skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher. Previous experience in a Property Management setting a plus. Position pays between $17.67/hr to $21.71/hr.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We have become one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops low-income housing, manages 91 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
The Receptionist provides reception and general office support to all staff members with minimal supervision, and takes initiative in managing the flow of calls and visitors, using sound judgment and tact in all interactions. Responsible for mail distribution as well as additional clerical duties and understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
- Greets and screens telephone and personal callers, referring matters to the appropriate staff member or handling them personally.
- Opens and date stamps incoming mail for all departments daily. Picks-up and delivers mail to post office when necessary and assists with larger mailing projects.
- Routes faxes appropriately.
- Processes invoices (for UPS, Kinko’s, Fed Ex, blueprints, etc) by locating and attaching original receipts before routing.
- Maintains data base interest lists for projects.
- Maintains reception, break room and conference areas in an orderly manner, including recycling. Makes sure meeting rooms are kept clean and prepped for meetings.
- Accepts routine typing assignments and assists in mailings, filing, errands, data entry or other clerical tasks for all departments.
- Must have High school diploma or GED
- Entry-level position. Relevant experience and/or training, preferred.
- Ability to word process at rate greater than 50 wpm preferred.
- Advanced MS Office software skills a plus
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have received such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a percentage match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985