One of Related's affordable housing apartment complexes totaling in 364 units located in Far Rockaway, NY, is seeking a Recertification Specialist to join their team. This individual needs to have an eye for detail and the ability to operate on a deadline driven schedule. The ideal candidate would possess strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Process initial, annual and interim recertification’s, in addition to retroactive rent-calculations while conforming to HUD regulations and HPD guidelines
- Handle calculations for tenants with complex businesses and provide management with tenant relations
- Calculate rents for annual and interim recertification
- Identifying households with income reporting discrepancies and make rent-adjustments
- Review applicant files and determining Section 8 eligibility
- Follow LIHTC and Section 8 guidelines
Benefits and Features:
- Knowledge of Section 8, LIHTC and HUD
- Ability to handle high call volume from current and prospective residents
- Must have knowledge of HUD/Public Housing/Tax Credit policies and procedures.
- Well written and spoken
- Attention to detail
- Must be capable of overseeing multiple functions simultaneously, with a keen sense of prioritization
- Reliable transportation to the property
- COS certification
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Related Affordable is the division of Related Companies that develops, acquires and preserves affordable housing throughout the nation. Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies, and its broad portfolio of award-winning affordable and mixed-income developments demonstrate the company’s continuing ability to create affordable housing opportunities in a variety of geographically, economically and socially diverse neighborhoods. Related owns and operates a portfolio of more than 60,000 affordable and workforce housing units.