Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
Click the following to apply on our careers site: https://careers-tmo.icims.com/jobs/2694/regional-facility-director/job
The Regional Facility Director (RFD) will be responsible for the operations of each maintenance department within his/her grouping of properties. The RFD will report directly to the Vice President.
The RFD shall review monthly reports for accuracy to include work order reports and financial information. The RFD will review new hires, contracts, bids, contractors, etc. prior to submission to the Community Director and Vice President. The RFD will be expected to visit each site every 4‐8 weeks. The RFD will support and assist each maintenance department, and review documents and reports as needed.
1) Review weekly maintenance reports to ensure productivity, efficiency, and work load volume. Ensure monthly maintenance work order reports are accurate. The RFD will review the reports generated from each Facilities department to ensure accuracy and performance standards are being met.
2) Review monthly financial information to ensure sites are within budget and variances are properly documented.
3) Review Executive Summaries to ensure consistency between sites and that information is accurate.
4) Ensure turn processes are up to standard.
5) Ensure each site is properly staffed and assist in new hire information.
6) Ensure all maintenance reporting at each site is prepared per the individual Owners requirements.
7) Negotiate national deals to take advantage of combined buying power of multiple sites.
8) Train new Facility Directors and individual staff as needed. Ensure education and certifications are in line with expectations.
9) Assist Facility Directors in creating 5 year Capital plans for their respective sites. Ensure immediate actionable items are being addressed.
10) Conduct inspections to ensure all maintenance policies and procedures are in place and are being followed as required.
11) Assist Facility Directors with preparing operating budgets and review budgets for each site.
12) Assist Facility Directors with preparing owner approval documents for VP signature.
13) Execute one time contracts once VP approval is obtained.
14) Assist Facility Directors with creating scopes of work, bids and contracts. The FD will initiate this process and the RFD will review, train and assist as necessary.
15) Ensure proper records and documentation is being maintained at each site (ie, Davis Bacon, MSDS, etc.).
16) Assist FD as needed at each site to ensure optimal performance of site.
17) Foster teamwork, collaboration, and energize staff at each site.
18) Actively pursue opportunities to highlight best maintenance practices at a national level. This includes recognition from trade organizations and publications.
19) Ensure good communication measures with VP in order for VP to productively and proactively communicate with Owners.
1. 5-7 Years of maintenance Facility Director experience or related construction field
2. Knowledge and application of codes, laws, and regulations.
3. Experience preferred with managing both an in-house and regional portfolio with multiple sites.
4. Must be able to pass background investigation and drug test screening.
1. Bachelor Degree or related Facility Experience preferred.
2. Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
3. All specific certifications required by law.
4. Facility Management Certification preferred
Required Skills and Abilities:
1) Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret business documents.
2) Ability to respond effectively to the issues.
3) Ability to write reports and manuals.
4) Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with employees, management, and clients.
5) Needs basic understanding of monthly financial statements and funding request.
6) Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
7) Other Duties as assigned
1. Must be able to travel to various sites once every 4-8 weeks.
2. Must be able to work within deadlines.
3. Provide area VP with suggested courses of action.