Related Management has a rare opportunity for a qualified Regional Manager. The multi-site portfolio is located in areas of New York spanning from Stamford, CT, through The Hudson Valley up to Beacon, NY. This portfolio consists of ten (10) properties up to 1,033 total units. Candidate must be a dynamic professional with a proven history of results, including asset preservation, budget performance, industry compliance, and effective communication and leadership skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete oversight of all real estate property management functions including managing the day-to-day administrative and maintenance operations
- extensive staff supervision
- creating and implementing leasing and marketing plans, resident relations, budget preparation and financial reporting, and monitoring compliance with Section 8, 236, and LIHTC laws.
- Hires and supervises all site staff, including initial screening and interviewing for all administrative staff, building superintendents, and leasing staff where appropriate. Parts of the process may be delegated to the appropriately trained site property managers where applicable and with validation that required training and skills are in place.
- Supervises all site accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Reviews site budget-control logs and monthly income statements. Prepares monthly variance analysis reports (Financial Overviews) for submission to the regional office by the 15th of the month
- Ensures that all resident complaints are handled expeditiously, diplomatically and professionally.
- Supervises the appropriate building security measures, incident documentation, lease violation reports and proper notification of management, owner and/or insurance carriers where necessary.
- Develops, implements, and assures continued implementation of preventive maintenance programs; coordinates with and is responsive to the Regional Facilities Manager, if applicable. Develops appropriate schedules and formalizes the program in writing.
- Ensures that maximum economic rents are achieved through the active rent level management, general and targeted outreach methods, assurance of leasing skills, and resident retention programs.
Must have experience with:
- Must have at least 1 Affordable industry certification such as CPO, CPM, SHCM, TCM, or equivalent Or
- Must be in Property management or related experience for at least 3-5 years Or
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Must be willing to travel to properties and work mostly out of several properties
- Financial reporting/Favorable budget results
- Customer Service
- Renovation/ Rehab
- Affordable program management / layering
- CPM, RMP, or CAM certification preferred
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Related Affordable is the division of Related Companies that develops, acquires and preserves affordable housing throughout the nation. Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies, and its broad portfolio of award-winning affordable and mixed-income developments demonstrate the company’s continuing ability to create affordable housing opportunities in a variety of geographically, economically and socially diverse neighborhoods. Related owns and operates a portfolio of more than 60,000 affordable and workforce housing units.