Explore a career at EAH Housing.
Start or continue a career in real estate development and management with EAH Housing. We are looking for talented and skilled professionals as we expand our property portfolio throughout California and Hawai`i. As a mission-based nonprofit organization and industry leader for more than 50 years, we live up to our values, and work to create opportunities to empower people to live better lives. Join us and make a difference today.
What we offer.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a 5%match. We also offer generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule, and work schedule flexibility.
We believe in work / life balance.
15 days of vacation per year (which increases based on years of service)
10 paid sick days per year
12 paid holidays
Flexible Start Times (REM Onsite Positions)
We take care of our employees.
403b Retirement Plan with 5% company match
Go 365 Wellness Program
Free Employee Medical Insurance
Affordable Dental & Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
EAP – Mental Health, Financial and Legal Services
$1,500 Employee Referral Program
EAH University, an in-house training program
This position is for a full-time Resident Services Coordinator to work at Nevin Plaza, an affordable seniors and disabled housing community in Richmond, CA. Qualified candidates will have 1-2 years of social work experience and/or activities coordination for seniors and/or families. Position pays between $24.00/hr to $30.00/hr DOE.
Established in 1968, EAH Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages more than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawai’i, and plays a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing advocacy efforts.
EAH Housing puts its core values into action every day as our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87 municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and invest in our employees through extensive training programs. Please visit our www.eahhousing.org to learn more about us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in everything we do.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition RESID002906 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Assists residents by connecting them with existing social services provided by public agencies or private practitioners within the community. Examines the needs for on-site services and explores ways programs and services can be brought to the property. Engages in using a trauma-informed approach to service delivery and developing community relationships. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
- Coordinates and oversees the delivery of services and program activities to residents both on and off-site. Provides information, assistance, and resident services referrals and engages in follow-up. Performs needs assessments to determine what types of programs and services would benefit the residents. Obtains resident feedback on effectiveness and quality of programs and their delivery through an annual Resident Satisfaction Survey. Develops supportive relationships with residents and conducts regular outreach to encourage participation in resident programs.
- Provides and coordinates opportunities for residents to learn new skills, build community and promote self-sufficiency, including social, educational and StayWell activities (e.g., celebrations, classes).
- Connects residents to food resources in their community. Increases resident access to food by facilitating distributions as needed.
- Establishes connections with service providers and maintains community resource directory in online database.
- Accurately prepares and maintains monthly budgets, program files and other documents in online database and as required by regulatory requirements.
- Creates monthly newsletters and calendar of events and activities.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with property managers and REM staff. Participates in biweekly meetings with the site team.
- Actively participates in company-wide special initiatives, such as scholarships and digital learning, as applicable.
- Assists with recruiting and coordinating volunteers and vendors as needed.
- Maintains resident confidentiality and mutually respectful relationships.
- Attends all Resident Council meetings and works with the Council and residents to encourage higher levels of participation and access to program activities.
- Interfaces regularly with provider agencies, public agencies, and community volunteer groups to maximize effectiveness of program activities. Monitors participating agency involvement for quality and compliance with memorandums of understanding or other service agreements.
- Attends department and company meetings, trainings.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA Degree in Social Services, Healthcare or related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 1-2 years of social service experience working with elderly, families
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985