One of Related's affordable housing apartment complexes located in Oceanport, NJ, is seeking a Resident Service Coordinator Part-time to join their team. This position is utilized only for HUD Grant and is located in communities that have special needs residents. Responsibilities are similar to concierge and include such tasks as researching community, local and national services for senior or special needs opportunities, transportation, meals and services provided specifically for a group of residents. May work with government agencies such as Department of Aging to obtain available services for residents. The service coordinator may assess service needs and determine eligibility for public and private services.
Essential Job Functions :
- Assists and advises residents and families of the services which may be necessary to maintain a self-reliant lifestyle. Promotes wellness activities for all residents.
- Educates residents, families, and staff on available community resources (for example, case management, personal assistance, homemaker, meals-on-wheels, transportation, counseling, occasional visiting nurse, preventive health screening/wellness and legal advocacy).
- Assists residents in building informal support networks among themselves and with family members and friends.
- Acts as a liaison between community agencies, service providers, and residents.
- Works as a team member with facility manager and other housing management staff in serving residents/clients. Encourages residents to be proactive in meeting their social, psychological, and physical needs.
- Facilitates meeting of needs when necessary, but avoids the creation of unhealthy dependence.
Core Responsibilities :
- Monitors the deliver of services to residents to ensure they are appropriate, timely, and satisfactory.
- Performs service management functions for all residents needing assistance.
- Provides limited case management (i.e., evaluation of social, psychological and physical needs and the development of a service plan) for a resident when such service is not being provided by the general service community.
- Educates residents on service availability, application procedures, resident's rights, etc., both individually and as a group.
- Reports all suspected abuse situations to the appropriate agency.
- Sets up volunteer support programs with service organizations in the community.
- Advocates and may negotiate on behalf of residents for the adequate, timely and cost-effective provision of services.
- Meets with service providers as needed and appropriate.
- Assembles a directory of community services and makes it available to residents, families, and management.
- Assists management in identifying residents who need assistance.
- Maintains individual files on residents which will contain at least the following: intake information, service termination information, quarterly review and follow-up, human or civil rights abuse, resident/family meeting notes. Resident files to be kept in a secure area to ensure confidentiality.
- Completes reports with copies given to the site manager, Quality Assurance, Administrator, Manager, and government agency (where applicable) in an accurate and timely manner or according to governing regulations. Pursues avenues for additional services through private local, state, and federal sources
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but not required- Social Work, Gerontology, Psychology or Public Health preferred; however, individuals without a degree, but with appropriate work experience may be hired.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of community services in the region with particular knowledge of services that are provided for the population living within the facility.
- Proven experience in service management, including organizing, problem-solving, and advocating.
- Experience in the aging process, elder services, disability services, drug and alcohol abuse and mental health issues; aware of eligibility for and procedures of Federal and State entitlement programs; alert to legal liability issues relating to providing service coordination.
PART-TIME 30 HOURS PER WEEK
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer