Position is for a full time Senior Compliance Analyst position to work at EAH Corporate in Tarzana, CA. Position will also provide support in the North bay region of the San Francisco bay area. Qualified candidates will have Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education/training/experience. Minimum five years of experience working with an affordable housing development and management company as a Compliance Specialist, Property Supervisor or Project Manager. Experience in reporting to and working with agencies such as HUD, TCAC, HHFDC, Spectrum, CalHFA, HOME, USRDA, HCD and RHCP. Salary commensurate to experience.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multi-family communities, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration please apply to requisition SENIO02125 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Under the direction of the Compliance Director, the Senior Compliance Analyst will lead and serve as the primary point of contact for compliance-related monitoring during all phases of new construction and acquisition/rehab for assigned portfolio. This position is characterized by a high degree of initiative, responsibility, accountability and ability to work congenially with a wide variety of individuals and government entities. The Senior Compliance Analyst will design and execute audits and internal controls to ensure that management complies with applicable rules and regulations, agreements and operating procedures as well as present appropriate recommendations to management regarding any identified areas of potential non-compliance. The Senior Compliance Analyst will also be assigned their own portfolio to monitor in addition to monitoring acquisition, rehab and new construction assigned to Compliance Specialists.
- Monitors compliance during all phases of new construction and acquisition/rehab lease-up and participates in daily interactions with owners, partners, investors and various levels of management regarding regulatory agreements.
- Collects, analyzes and summarizes compliance data from Deal Memo, LPA and Regulatory Agreements, Pro Forma budget, utility allowance schedule, rent and income limits, Tax Credit application, place-in-service documents such as the Preliminary Reservation and Carryover Allocation letter and IRS form 8609.
- Disburses and reviews compliance summary of requirements with Real Estate Management (REM) and Real Estate Development (RED) team.
- Reviews and approves resident selection plan, application packet, marketing materials and management software set-up in Yardi, CRM and OnSite.
- Regularly collaborates with key EAH senior executives in Real Estate Management (REM), Real Estate Development (RED) and Accounting during all phases of lease-up to discuss changes in projections and to ensure requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Develops controls to ensure first year rents do not exceed rent limits and are aligned with Pro Forma Budget.
- Provides weekly/monthly Rent Rolls and Project Status Report of qualified households to REM, RED, Accounting, partners, owners and investors.
- Actively participates and provides compliance-related status updates during weekly Acquisition Rehab and New Construction meetings.
- Monitors and tracks status of Compliance Specialist initial certification file review.
- Coordinates submission of first year certification files to investor’s auditor.
- Tracks submissions of file corrections for investor’s auditor final approval.
- Ensures Compliance Specialist(s) scan final approved first year certification files.
- Assists Compliance Director with developing policies and procedures to ensure staff compliance with regulatory requirements relating to the set-up and ongoing maintenance of resident files and general project compliance.
- Plans and conducts semi-annual on-site reviews of projects whose funding sources consists of Tax Credit, HUD project based Section 8, Tax Exempt Bonds, AHP, RHCP, CalHFA, CDBG, NEF, MHP and other private and public sources.
- Verifies compliance with rules and regulations of various funding sources, Fair Housing standards and EAH Policies and Procedures.
- Recommends appropriate corrective action to resolve noncompliance; works with manager to correct noncompliance through corrective action.
- Provides compliance-related consultative services to site managers and their administrative staff.
- Attends mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Regular and predictable attendance
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education/training/experience. Minimum five years of experience working with an affordable housing development and management company as a Compliance Specialist, Property Supervisor or Project Manager. Experience in reporting to and working with agencies such as HUD, TCAC, HHFDC, Spectrum, CalHFA, HOME, USRDA, HCD and RHCP.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985