Responsible for various day-to-day service needs with regards to the physical condition, appearance and operational efficiency of the property, ensuring a safe and attractive living environment for residents, exceptional quality and service, and sustained resident satisfaction. The Maintenance Apprentice is an entry level opportunity, working in close partnership with the Maintenance Supervisor, honing their skills for a future role as a Maintenance Technician.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Basic skill in areas such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, equipment repair, and painting.
- EPA Section 608 Technician Certification- Type II or Universal Certification (or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment).
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment demonstrating strong organizational and follow up skills along with an ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact, in English, with a diverse group of associates, residents and external agencies.
- Ability to read, in English, at a level sufficient to understand policies and procedures, safety notices, general business correspondence and/or documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy. Strong customer service orientation to older adults.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with basic computer keyboarding and navigational skills.
- Provide basic tool set.
- Possess and maintain timely and reliable transportation.
- When on-call, be ready, available, fit for work, and able to report to the property within 30 minutes of receiving a call.