PK Management LLC, a leading property management company in the multi-housing industry, has an opening for a Part-Time Social Service Coordinator.We are seeking a self-motivated and career-minded individual to join our team. Professional and friendly work environment. Salary commensurate with experience. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Provide the opportunity for residents to age in place, despite declining health problems, poverty and emotional stress by linking them to the community and supportive services they need to continue living independently. Develop strong resident retention programs and identify abnormal physical, behavioral and unit conditions seeking solutions for these conditions. This position operates within and contributes to an environment in compliance with Fair Housing laws and Equal Employment Opportunity.
Education: Bachelors Degree required with a concentration in Social Work, Psychology, Gerontology, Mental Health or Counseling Work Experience: 1-3 years of experience beneficial.
Licenses/Certifications: Licensed Social Worker (LSW) beneficial
- Interact with residents, monitoring their conditions, needs and the services they are receiving.
- Assessment, reassessments, case management and crisis management.
- Develop and manage programs to enhance quality of life and increase cognitive-stimulation.
- Reporting, documentation, and record-keeping.
- Community building; connect residents with community resources.
- Make referrals to appropriate agencies.
- Develop monthly calendar of resident educational programs.
- Attend Corporate Service Coordinator meetings and coalitions with Senior Service
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Community Relations and immediate supervisor.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Administrative Skills– general office duties, answering phones, case notes, creating memos, email correspondence.
- Analytical Skills– ability to analyze appropriate alternatives for resident care; assess problems and match appropriate resources.
- Communication/Language Skills– ability to communicate with residents, site staff and external agencies; effectively explain entitlement programs and assist residents with applications; ability to write monthly newsletter and calendar; ability to write proposals and letters on behalf of residents.
- Computer Skills– Outlook, Excel, Word, Publisher, Internet.
- Coordinating Skills– ability to coordinate all activities and services such as wellness clinics, podiatry clinics, audiology clinics, diabetic clinics, health fairs, bookmobiles, and speakers' bureau.
- Creative Skills– ability to market property and its programs on a regular basis by attending community meetings; ability to develop programs that are informative and beneficial.
- Leadership Skills– ability to develop a relationship with site staff and community organizations; ability to initiate projects; ability to lead residents to activities.
- Mathematical Skills– ability to use basic math skills in monthly reports and budgeting.
- Other Skills– Autonomy, Confidentiality, Counseling, Crisis Management, Customer Service, Initiative, Interpersonal Skills, Mediation, Quality Assurance, Patience, Professionalism, Teamwork.
Work is typically performed in a normal office environment with moderate noise level. Walking, sitting or standing may be required depending on the activity. It may be necessary to lift up to 10 pounds depending on activity.