This Senior Community Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of a fast paced affordable residential community in Astoria, NY totaling 500 units. The Community Manager is responsible for overall day-to-day operations of several properties including the supervision of maintenance functions in compliance with all company policies and procedures and all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity, Fair Housing and Human Rights statutes, as well as ensuring each property compliance with all and any applicable program regulations.
- Supervise all administrative & compliance functions of a HUD Project Base Section 8 property with a LIHTC overlay
- Supervise site specific program administration, ensure compliance with each applicable agency (HDC, HCR, HUD, etc.
- Understanding of Operating Statements and Financial Budgets is a must.
- Financial analysis and reporting.
- Develop property budget.
- Supervise all marketing & leasing efforts.
- Supervise accounts payable/receivable.
- Hire, train and evaluates all office/maintenance staff.
- Tenant/landlord relations.
- Supervise day-to-day maintenance operations.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Affordable Housing and LIHTC/section 8 experience a must
- 5+ years experience in property management
- GREEK or SPANISH speaking strongly preferred
- Strong leadership and accounting skills are a must
- Position requires extensive administrative and organizational skills; ability to organize, prioritize work, multitask and delegate as appropriate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including excellent telephone skills)
- Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and further develop skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team
- Experience with MS-Office (solid knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience with OneSite program (or similar software program) or ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Ability to perform accounting functions (Accounts Payable/Receivable) complete with comprehensive understanding of credits/debits/re-classes and accruals.
- Ability to work on several projects at once while continuing to perform day-to-day activities
Benefits and Features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Matching 401(K)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- & More!
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer