PK Management LLC, is a leading property management company in the multi-housing industry. We are seeking a self-motivated and career-minded individual to join our team. Professional and friendly work environment. Great benefits including health, life, vacation and 401K! Equal Opportunity Employer.
Overall responsibility for general management and certification/recertification processes at “family” or senior citizen properties or those with a mobility disability. This position operates within and contributed to an environment in compliance with Fair Housing laws and Equal Employment
Education: High School Diploma/GED required
Work Experience: 6 months to 1 year of experience beneficial
Licenses/Certifications: Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) required, Site Compliance Specialist (SCS) required at Tax Credit site
- Annual and interim re-certification of residents
- Conduct interviews and review applications of potential residents
- Assisting residents, answering questions and documenting service requests; consulting with service coordinators, when necessary
- Update tenant listings and waiting lists
- Process move-ins and move-outs
- Unit inspections
- Monthly reporting
- Purchasing supplies and paying bills in a timely manner
- Appear in court for eviction proceedings
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Property Manager
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Administrative Skills – General office duties, answering phones, creating memos, email correspondence, knowledge of HUD regulations/policies and One-Site.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use statistical data for the re-certification process, ability to determine resident turnover and reasons why residents are moving, ability to determine resident needs.
- Communication/Language Skills – Ability to communicate with residents, other site-level staff, corporate office staff, vendors, and contractors.
- Computer Skills – Outlook, Excel, Word, Internet, One-Site.
- Coordinating Skills – Ability to organize and maintain tenant files, coordinate monthly activities and maintain waiting lists.
- Creative Skills – Ability to design flyers, calendars, bulletin boards, activities and forms; ability to promote property through marketing and leasing efforts.
- Leadership Skills – Ability to motivate others and operate as a team; ability to take initiative and delegate work to others; ability to handle emergency situations.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate social security rates, rent payments, and pro-rations; ability to maintain purchasing and declining balances.
- Other Skills – Customer Service, Confidentiality, Patience, Professionalism, Teamwork
Work is typically performed in a normal office environment with moderate noise level. Walking is required for property tours and may expose Subsidy Administrators to weather conditions. It may be necessary to lift weights up to 25 pounds when accepting resident packages.