Related Affordable is the division of Related Companies that develops, acquires and preserves affordable housing throughout the nation. Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies, and its broad portfolio of award-winning affordable and mixed-income developments demonstrate the company’s continuing ability to create affordable housing opportunities in a variety of geographically, economically and socially diverse neighborhoods. Related owns and operates a portfolio of more than 60,000 affordable and workforce housing units.
This role is going to be located at community in Syracuse, NY initially, and will be utilized at locations local to the Syracuse area, with the potential to transition into a non-traveling role.
Traveling Community Manager- *Must have affordable housing experience*
*travel will be reimbursed per mile traveled.
*Full time- permanent role
Must be willing to travel to locations throughout:
Your Role Within the Company:
This Traveling Community Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations for various affordable housing communities throughout various cities along the east coast but focus on the area of Syracuse, NY. This employee will be supervising the office/ maintenance staff and overseeing the AP/AR and Marketing/Leasing department. Also responsible for keeping the property within compliance of all company policies, procedures and all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity, Fair Housing and Human Rights statutes. Looking for a top notch professional who has experience with financial reports and preparation of budgets, Section 8 and LIHTC, as well as proven leadership capabilities.
- Affordable Housing and LIHTC/section 8 experience strongly preferred
- Experience in property management
- Strong leadership and accounting skills are a must
- Position requires extensive administrative and organizational skills; ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including excellent telephone skills)
- Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and further develop skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team
- Experience with MS-Office (solid knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience with OneSite program (or similar software program) or ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Ability to perform accounting functions (Accounts Payable/Receivable) complete with comprehensive understanding of credits/debits/re-classes and accruals.
- Ability to work on several projects at once while continuing to perform day-to-day activitie
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer