This position is for a VP of Accounting to work at EAH Corporate located in San Rafael, CA. Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience; CPA preferred. 5 years of high-level accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit affordable housing environment. Minimum of 2 years of management experience.
Established in 1968, EAH Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages more than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawai’i, and plays a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing advocacy efforts.
EAH Housing puts its core values into action every day as our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87 municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and invest in our employees through extensive training programs. Please visit our www.eahhousing.org to learn more about us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in everything we do.
For immediate consideration, please apply to VPACC002686 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Oversees the coordination of financial audits and tax returns for properties in the Real Estate Management Department’s portfolio, EAH properties in development, EAH and EAH entities including LLCs and Incs. Implements effective accounting strategies, policies, and procedures for all EAH financial activities. Reviews procedures, agreements, and contracts to ensure that all financial reports are reflected and reported accurately. Provides oversight of REM financial planning and budget management functions, development/predevelopment and EAH corporate administration. Ensures company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Plans, develops, and implements effective accounting strategies, policies, and procedures for all financial activities.
- Reviews agreements, contracts, and documents to ensure that all financial reports are reflected and report accurately. Provides financial analyses as needed.
- Recommends and implements appropriate internal systems to support financial and business operations consistent with the company’s growth and reporting requirements.
- Reviews and analyzes the organization’s accounting operation; establishes, develops, and /or recommends economic objectives and policies to management
- Assists senior management in developing short and long-term goals and objectives for the corporation.
- Contributes to company’s short- and long-range planning, identifying areas of possible growth, and expansion.
- Ensures that policies are in accordance with evolving regulations, legal requirements, and industry trends.
- Establishes and implements procedures for RED and REM accounting.
- Coordinates/reviews financial audits and tax returns to provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Oversees monitoring and analysis of monthly predevelopment, construction, and operating results against budget.
- Oversees preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts.
- Oversees methods to create efficiencies between RED / RED Accounting and RED /REM departments.
- Coordinates preparation of corporate budgets and forecasts
- Analyzes operating results against budget for properties, predevelopment, development and EAH administration.
- Identifies and recommends methods to create efficiencies between REM accounting and other departments.
- Supports and review procedures for opportunities for improvements.
- Oversees with year-end work preparation for audit scheduled required by outside auditors.
- Attends all mandatory trainings.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
Directly supervises Controllers and Accounting Manager and other Accounting staff. Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops staff; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations; provides minimal day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance; ensures department performance appraisals are completed effectively and as scheduled.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting. 5 -7 years of related experience in a non-profit affordable housing environment (HUD and Tax Credit accounting). 2 years of experience directly supervising staff.
- Master’s in finance or Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be fully vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., fully vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985